Geoscientists Nova Scotia has since 2001 followed the recommendations of the Canadian Geoscience Standards Board (CGSB), Geoscientists Canada (GC) for the Knowledge and Exerpeince requirements for admission as a registered Professional Geoscientist.
Three streams exist for registration as a professional geoscientist in Nova Scotia.
- Environmental Geoscience,
Each stream requires minimum total of 27 Educational Units (EU):
- 3 from Compulsory Foundation Science (1A);
- 6 from Additional Foundation Science (1B);
- 4 from Compulsory Foundation Geoscience (2A);
- 5 from Additional Foundation Geoscience (2B);
- 9 from Other Geoscience / Science (2C).
A one-semester course will typically count as one EU.